Global Celebration of Andrews
September 25-27, 2020
We’d like to share in your disappointment that we won’t be able to gather together in person as an Andrews family this September — it is our most anticipated and favorite time of the year here in our Alumni Office. However, we would like to use this time for a Global Celebration of Andrews in which we all can participate regardless of where each of us may be located at this time.
Join us virtually from wherever you are around the world to participate in programming straight from the campus of Andrews University throughout the weekend. Join in Sabbath School discussions, Q&A sessions and webinars, enjoy musical features, share your stories and greetings from across the globe, show your Andrews school spirit through social media, join us for a Virtual 5k, watch a special program about Andrews University, and more! Register for the Global Celebration of Andrews (it’s free) through the form on the right to participate and stay informed.
Special Edition T-Shirt
T-shirts may be ordered through the Global Celebration of Andrews registration button above. Deadline to guarantee a T-shirt order is September 9, past that date t-shirts are available in limited sizing on a “first come, first serve” basis.
- Welcome Video
- Download Virtual Goodie Bag (scroll below for details)
- #andrewsalumni Photo Contest (scroll below for details)
- Virtual 5k begins (You have until 5 p.m. on Sunday to walk/run 5k and submit your results, learn more here)
- University Vespers
- 9:00 & 11:45 a.m. | Pioneer Memorial Church Livestreamed Services
- Speaker: Pastor Dwight Nelson.
- Sermon Title: “American Apocalypse: Calamities Most Awful, Most Unexpected.”
- 9:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m. | Francophone Group Sabbath School and Divine Service (French).
- Speaker: Ganoune DIOP
- 10:30 a.m. | “Making Friends for Eternity” Scriptural Pursuit Sabbath School (English)
- 2:00 p.m. | Campus Tour (tune in for a livestreamed walk-through tour of campus)
- 3:00 – 4:30 | “Real Talk: A Christian Social Work Response to Policing and Community Unrest” presented by the Department of Social Work
- “A Look Back” video presented by BSCF (Black Student Christian Forum)
- 3:00 – 5:00 | School of Architecture & Interior Design Alumni Zoom Open House
- 7 p.m. | Video Feature – Celebrate AU: Re-experience Andrews
- 8 p.m. | “Courage + Resilience” Global Celebration of Andrews Concert featuring the Andrews University Singers, Wind Symphony, and Symphony Orchestra (livestreamed)
- 9 a.m. | Online Workout Class by Rachel Keele (Interim Manager, Andreasen Center for Wellness)
- 10:30 a.m. | “Tea with the President” Q&A (make yourself a cup of tea and join President Luxton on Zoom/Facebook for updates about Andrews and a Q&A session.)
- 1 p.m. | Andrews Webinar Series – The Gut Microbiota Influences Health: A Malnutrition Report presented by Dr. Kylynda Bauer (BA ’14)
- Virtual Healthy Cooking Demonstration presented by the School of Population Health, Nutrition & Wellness (time TBA)
- 5 p.m. | Virtual 5k Results Submission Deadline (click here to learn more)
- Virtual 5k Leaderboard Results and Participants Digital Photoboard
Andrews Alumni Photo Contest
Show off your Andrews spirit on your favorite @andrewsalumni social network, searching for Andrews University Alumni on Instagram or Facebook. Wear your Andrews gear or blue & gold and tag us in a photo or video to join the Andrews Alumni photo contest for a chance to win more Andrews gear! Our three favorite photos from the weekend will win an Andrews sweatshirt, bear or umbrella. #andrewsalumni #celebrateAU #andrewsuniversity
How will this work? It’s simple! Run or walk 5k (3.1 miles) anytime between Friday, Sept. 25 and 5 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 27. Record your time and distance, then submit your results. Bonus points and the chance to win a free T-shirt if you take a selfie of yourself before, during or after the run and post it to social media. Click the button below to learn more.
Virtual Goodie Bag
Yes, you read that right. There will be a virtual goodie bag available for you starting on Friday, September 25 as part of the Global Celebration of Andrews. Check back here on the 25th to check out what we’ve come up with and to download your goodie bag!
If you have graduated from Andrews and/or attended we would love to hear from you! We are working on a collection of greetings from around the world to share with alums during one of the presentations.