Auto-Owners Insurance, a top-rated Insurance Carrier, is seeking an entry level motivated Underwriting professional to join our team. The position requires the person to:
· Learn various insurance coverages and contracts along with company philosophy and procedures, in order to make underwriting decisions.
· Become familiar with company policies, manuals, forms and endorsements in order to understand their meaning and use.
· Analyze loss experience, financial conditions and physical characteristics of risks.
· Acquires a working knowledge of supporting sections of the underwriting department.
· Effectively communicate with independent agents and other employees through verbal and/or written means.
Desired Skills & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· Ability to organize data, multi-task and make decisions independently
· Above average communication skills (written and verbal)
· Ability to resolve complex issues
· An interest in developing product knowledge through participation in approved educational programs
Competitive salary, matching 401K retirement plans, fully-funded Pension plan, bonus programs, paid holidays, vacation days, personal days, paid sick leave, and a comprehensive health care plan.
*Please note that the ability to work in the U.S. without current or future sponsorship is a requirement.
About Auto-Owners Insurance Company
Auto-Owners Insurance is a mutual insurance company comprised of five subsidiary property and casualty companies and one Life Company. We were formed in 1916; we operate in twenty-six states and are proud to be ranked among the Fortune 500 every year since 2002, with written premium of over $5 billion. Our corporate headquarters is located in Lansing, Michigan. Auto-Owners Insurance offers a wide range of career opportunities and welcomes candidates from all majors. We offer a friendly work environment, in-depth training, employee mentoring, and an excellent compensation/benefits package. To learn more about career opportunities available please visit our website at www.auto-owners.com.