Website Auto-Owners Insurance Company
Auto-Owners Insurance, a top-rated Insurance Carrier, is seeking an experienced and motivated Claims professional to join our team. The position requires the following, but is not limited to:
· Investigate and assemble facts, determine policy coverage, evaluate the amount of loss, analyze legal liability and pay or deny losses.
· Become familiar with insurance coverage by studying insurance policies, endorsements and forms.
· Works towards the resolution of claims, and may attend arbitrations, mediations, depositions, or trials as necessary.
· Ensures that claims payments are issued in a timely and accurate manner.
· Service the needs of agents, policyholders and others.
· Handle investigations by phone, mail and on-site investigations.
Desired Skills & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· Knowledge of Xactimate software is preferred but not required
· Above average communication skills (written and verbal)
· Ability to resolve complex issues
· Organize and interpret data
· Ability to handle multiple assignments
· Possess a valid driver’s license
Competitive salary, matching 401K retirement plans, fully-funded Pension plan, bonus programs, paid holidays, vacation days, personal days, paid sick leave, and a comprehensive health care plan.
*Please note that the ability to work in the U.S. without current or future sponsorship is a requirement.
About Auto-Owners Insurance Company
Auto-Owners Insurance is a mutual insurance company comprised of five subsidiary property and casualty companies and one Life Company. We were formed in 1916; we operate in twenty-six states and are proud to be ranked among the Fortune 500 every year since 2002, with written premium of over $5 billion. Our corporate headquarters is located in Lansing, Michigan. Auto-Owners Insurance offers a wide range of career opportunities and welcomes candidates from all majors. We offer a friendly work environment, in-depth training, employee mentoring, and an excellent compensation/benefits package. To learn more about career opportunities available please visit our website at www.auto-owners.com.