Second Shift Warehouse Supervisor
Kem Krest Corporation is a leading provider of Total Program Management through Supply Chain, Fulfillment and Aftersales solutions. We have annual sales of more than $100 million with 30 years of experience servicing OEM customers such as General Motors, Ford, Hyundai, John Deere, Caterpillar and Case New Holland among others.
Kem Krest Corporation has five locations in the US and Canada – Elkhart, IN (National Headquarters), Bristol, IN, Las Vegas, NV, Oakville, Ontario, Canada and Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. We are ISO 9001: 2008 certified and have received the 2011 Inc. 5000 and 2011 Indiana Businesses to Watch awards. As a minority owned business, Kem Krest is a Corporate Plus Member with the National Minority Supplier Development Council.
Our employees are key to the company’s success and vital to its promise – “Customer Focused, Solutions Driven”. Our culture supports rapid growth and excellence in Total Program Management.
This new position is for a new shift at our Bristol IN facility.
The experienced individual we seek must be proficiency in all of the skills utilized in warehouse operations, including receiving, order picking and frontline supervision. To be qualified for this role an individual must have successful first-hand experience in performing the job functions typically encountered in a wholesale distribution center. This supervisor will assist the Operations Manager in maximizing the output and performance of warehouse personnel and will help to direct the work activities of exempt and non-exempt employees in a high-volume supply chain operation through effective leadership, clear communication and motivation.
• Work in active partnership with the Operations Manager and other Warehouse Supervisors
• Participate in ongoing job shadowing, hands on and face-to-face training to ensure proficiency in all of the skills required by this position
• Maintain a personnel structure and staffing level to accomplish the program’s mission in an effective and efficient manner
• Participate in the interview and recommendation process of applicants for hire as Warehouse Associates
• Plan and coordinate work, train and motivate, monitor and evaluate performance of Warehouse and Receiving Associates; ensure their ability to safely operate material handling equipment to move materials to and from storage configurations; counsel, record and discipline as necessary. Develop department coordinators to effectively oversee the daily routines of their assigned crew members
• Monitor and measure warehouse performance for accuracy of locator, movement and storage of material and transfers
• Bachelor’s degree in General Business or Wholesale Distribution preferred
• 3-5 years successful experience working in a large wholesale distribution center with successful progression in job roles, duties and responsibilities
• Proficient in all warehouse distribution functions, including shipping, receiving, order filling, inventory control and customer-relations
• Working knowledge of UPS, FedEx and other similar delivery systems
• Excellent communication skills
• Dependable with the ability to effectively handle multiple job duties
• Detail oriented with good organizational and planning skills
• Excellent problem-solving/resolution skills
• A proven history of success in building an environment of trust with the ability to spark others into action resulting in better teamwork, partnering and productivity ensuring the development of positive alliances between work groups and the personal commitment to work together to meet customer needs
• Ability to influence others to achieve individual & team objectives and to promote positive employee morale
• Ability to meet strict time frames in environments with very low tolerance for internal and external error rates
• Must have experience with OSHA regulations and compliance, safety/security processes
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary and extensive benefits package including a great 401(k) matching program, paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.